Apple has announced the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus at an event in San Fransisco today. Apple says, iPhone 7 is the best iPhone they’ve ever made. The iPhone 7 comes with some major changes and upgrades all around. Apple’s latest iPhone introduces advanced new camera systems, more powerful performance and battery life ever in an iPhone. It comes with immersive stereo speakers at top and bottom both. The iPhone 7 has the brightest, most colorful iPhone display. It also features splash and water resistance technology.
Starting with the new design, the iPhone 7 sports a new unibody design with the antenna bands on the top and bottom edges on the back. The iPhone 7 is now water- and dust-resistant. Also, the home button is completely re-engineered which houses the fingerprint sensor making it pressure sensitive, no physically clicking anymore. The iPhone 7 is now offering in two black color models – Jet black and just Black along with usual Gold, Silver and Rose gold.
The iPhone 7 features the same 4.7-inch Retina HD display which is now 25% brighter with 3D touch layer. The new Retina HD display on iPhone 7 deeply integrates 3D Touch throughout iOS. Just as rumored, headphone jacks are gone, Apple introduced new EarPod headphones with lightning cable along with a 3.5mm to Lightning port adapter.
The iPhone 7 packs a new-generation A10 Fusion chip with a quad-core CPU with 3.3 billion transistors and two high-performance cores. The all new A10 Fusion chips are 40% faster than the A9 chip and two times faster than the Apple A8. This all coupled with a hexa-core GPU which is 50% faster than the A9’s GPU and draws just 66% of the power. The iPhone 7 runs on Apple’s latest iOS 10 operating system.
The iPhone 7 has the entirely new camera setup. It has a new 12-megapixel iSight camera with optical image stabilization. It has a support for 4K video recording and quad LED two-tone flash. It also packs a 7-megapixel FaceTime HD camera.
Watch the iPhone 7 introduction video here:
Apple iPhone 7 specifications
- Display: 4.7-inch LED-backlit widescreen (1334 x 750-pixel resolution) Retina HD display
- Processor: A10 Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture, M10 motion coprocessor
- Durability: Splash, water and dust resistant with IP67 certification under IEC standard 60529
- Rear Camera: 12MP with 6‑element lens and ƒ/1.8 aperture, Digital zoom up to 5x , Optical image stabilization, Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 7MP FaceTime HD camera, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 1080p HD video recording
- Touch ID: Fingerprint sensor built into the new Home button
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology, NFC
- Sensors: Touch ID fingerprint sensor, Barometer, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Operating System: iOS 10
- Headphones: EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Dimensions: 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 inches
- Weight: 4.87 ounces (138 grams)
- Colors: Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black
- Storage Options: 32GB/128GB/256GB (Jet black is exclusively available in 128GB and 256GB models)
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
In the Box:
- iPhone with iOS 10
- EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
Pricing and Availability
The iPhone 7 costs $649 for the base 32GB version, the 128GB variant costs $749 and the 256GB – $849. In Europe, the iPhone 7 is priced at €759 for the 32GB base variant costs €869 for the 128GB model and €979 for the 256GB one. The iPhone 7 goes on sale from Friday, September 16 with pre-orders starting on September 9.