Apple has announced iPhone 7 Plus along with iPhone 7, Apple Watch Series 2, and AirPods in the latest launch event in San Fransisco. iPhone 7 Plus is one of the best-looking phones around and the key difference in the new 7 generation and the previous one is their finish. The display of iPhone 7 Plus is same as iPhone 6S Plus but the improvement is it’s increased brightness and wider color gamut. It has 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS 401ppi display with 1300:1 contrast ratio and 3D Touch.
The biggest change in iPhone 7 Plus is it’s dual 12-megapixel rear cameras one wide-angle with f/1.8 aperture and a telephoto lens with f/2.8 aperture for new depth-of-field and has OIS along with Quad-LED True Tone flash. There is also a bit of upgrade coming to the front-facing camera, with a boost from 5MP (iPhone 6s Plus camera) to 7MP FaceTime HD camera. The iPhone 7 Plus is powered by a new quad-core Apple A10 Fusion processor which is 40% faster than Apple A9 along with new hexa-core GPU. It runs on the latest iOS 10 out of the box. The available color options are Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black.
The other features are it’s Smart Connector (those three little dots on the back of the phone) gives you a new way to connect accessories to the iPhone 7 Plus. Another biggest feature is the removal of the 3.5mm headphone port. But you don’t need to worry too much as Apple is including a 3.5mm-to-Lightning adapter for free. It also comes with AirPods out of the box. This smartphone is water and dust resistance with IP67 ratings. It has a new re-designed home button which house the fingerprint sensor is now press sensitive with the new generation Taptic Engine.
Watch the iPhone 7 Plus introduction video here:
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS 401ppi display, 1300:1 contrast ratio, 3D Touch
- Processor: Quad-core A10 Fusion 64-bit processor with six-core GPU, M10 motion co-processor
- Durability: Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- Rear Camera: 12MP camera wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.8) cameras, OIS, Optical zoom at 2x; digital zoom up to 10x, Six‑element lens, Quad-LED True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 30 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 240 fps
- Front Camera: 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash
- Touch ID: Fingerprint sensor built into the new Home button
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS with GLONASS
- Sensors: Touch ID fingerprint sensor, Barometer, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Operating System: iOS 10
- Headphones: EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Dimensions: 158.2x 77.9×7.3 mm
- Weight: 188grams
- Colors: Rose Gold, Gold, Silver, Black, Jet Black
- Storage Options: 32GB,128GB and 256GB storage options
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with up to 16 days standby, Up to 13 hours internet use on 3G/4G LTE, 15 hours on Wi-Fi
IN THE BOX:
- iPhone 7 Plus with iOS 10
- EarPods with Lightning Connector
- Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
Pricing and Availability
The iPhone 7 Plus costs $769 for the base 32GB version, the 128GB variant costs $869 and the 256GB – $969. In UK, the iPhone 7 Plus is priced at £719 for the 32GB base variant costs £819 for the 128GB model and £919 for the 256GB one. The iPhone 7 Plus goes on sale from Friday, September 16 while pre-orders starting on September 9 in more than 25 countries.