The all new BlackBerry KEYone Android phone recently announced at MWC2017 and we reported that the price of the KEYone smartphone has been revealed by an India online retailer. Now a new BlackBerry Android smartphone codenamed BBC100-1 has been surfaced. This device is now named as BlackBerry Aurora and listed for pre-order on a popular Indonesian website along with the images, specifications and pricing details. The BB Aurora is expected to arrive sometime in March. The phone is listed in three color options – Black, Silver, Gold.
The BlackBerry Aurora is said to feature a 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset paired with 4GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, 5.5-inch 720p screen, and a 3,000 mAh battery. The phone will run on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. It comes with dual SIM support, making it the first BlackBerry Android smartphone with Dual SIM support. The phone packs a 13MP rear camera unit and a 8MP front-facing camera.
Earlier to this, the same BlackBerry phone with codenamed BBC100-1 has been surfaced along with some live images. The images shows a silver grey colored rugged back panel which looks impressive.
BlackBerry Aurora (BBC100-1) specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- SIM: Dual-SIM
- Rear camera: 13MP camera with LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- Dimensions: 152 x 76.8 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 178 gram
- Battery: 3,000mAh battery
Price and Availability
The BlackBerry Aurora is priced at RP 34,99,000 (approx. US$ 260 / Rs. 17,476) and is expected to arrive sometime in March.