BlackBerry has launched it’s latest Android smartphones – DTEK50 and DTEK60 – in India at an event in Delhi. The DTEK50 smartphone was announced back in July this year and the DTEK60 was introduced last month. The DTEK60 smartphone is successor to the DTEK50 and comes with some premium, also sports a fingerprint sensor on the rear panel. Both the phones runs on BlackBerry’s interpretation of Android and comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box. The DTEK50 and the DTEK60 smartphones are priced at Rs. 21,990 and Rs. 46,990 respectively.
BlackBerry is pitching both the devices as more secure than other Android phones, thanks to its secure bootloader that uses multi-stage verification to ensure that the Android OS hasn’t been tampered with, and quick updates for security patches. All data stored on the phone are protected with FIPS 140-2 encryption, and the DTEK app that lets you monitor and fix privacy violations.
BlackBerry DTEK50 specifications
- Display: 5.2 inch IPS LCD (1920 x 1080 pixels`) scratch resistant display
- Dimension: 147 mm x 72.5 mm x 7.4 mm
- Weight: 135 gram
- Processor: Qualcomm 8952 with 64 bit Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core, 64 bit), Adreno 405, 550MHz GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable microSD memory card support (Up to 2TB)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel auto-focus camera with image stabilization, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Fixed-Focus camera with Image & video stabilization, 1080p HD video recording
- SIM: nano SIM
- Network: FD-LTE, HSPA+, Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE,
- Connectivity: GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, 4G Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Hall Effect
- Battery: 2610 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium Ion battery
Pricing and Availability
The BlackBerry DTEK50 comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 21,990 for Indian market. The DTEK50 will go on sale in the country from this weekend, from Sunday, November 13th. It is already available for purchase on Amazon.
BlackBerry DTEK60 specifications
- Dimension: 6.06 inch x 2.97 inch x 0.28 (153.9 x 75.4 x 7 mm)
- Weight: 165 gram (5.82 oz)
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD display with 2560 x 1440 resolution and 534ppi
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core (MSM8996 with 64 bit Quad-Core 2+2 Kryo 2.15GHz / 1.6GHz) with Adreno 530, 624MHz GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, Expandable memory via microSD memory card up to 2TB
- Ports: USB Type-C, USB 2.0 fully supported with standard USB Type C to USB Type A cable (included in box), USB OTG
- Battery: 3000 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium Ion battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Rear Camera: 21 megapixel auto-focus camera with Dual Tone LED Flash, 6-element f2.0 lens, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 8MP Fixed-Focus with f2.2 lens and 84˚ wide angle/field of view lens, Image & video stabilisation, 1080p HD video recording, Selfie Flash, Wide Selfie Mode (also known as Selfie Panorama)
- Connectivity: LTE Advance, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz, 4G Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient light, Hall Effect
- Also read: [Comparison] BlackBerry DTEK60 vs DTEK50
Pricing and Availability
The BlackBerry DTEK60 smartphone also comes in black color and is priced at Rs. 46,990. It will go on sale in early December.
Both the phones comes with the BlackBerry Hub pre-installed, as well as the BlackBerry keyboard. DTEK50 also features BlackBerry’s own BlackBerry Convenience Key, pop-up widgets, BlackBerry Device Search, Instant Actions, and Gesture Controls.