BlackBerry has started rolling out its first android beta for BlackBerry DTEK50 owners. If you are not signed up for BlackBerry Beta Zone, you have to create BlackBerry Beta Zone profile. Therefore needless to say, the users which have signed up for the beta program, will be getting this update. This update is weighing around 435MB. It is carrying AAG326 software version while it also brings along Android security patch for the month of September (patch level shows up as September 6).
If you already have BlackBerry Beta Zone profile, please follow below steps to get Android beta updates-
Click on ‘My Profile’.
On ‘Core Profile’ page, click on ‘Edit’ (look in the right corner for this option).
Once in the editing section, go to the ‘Your BlackBerry Device’ drop-down and select BlackBerry DTEK50.
Please make sure that under the ‘Your Device Identifier’ section your current PIN is listed, if it’s not listed, put it there.
Once all completed, go to the bottom right and tap save.
If you are still not able to see the update (make sure you have completed all the steps to get set up as noted on the BlackBerry Beta Zone forums)-
Open the Phone app dialer.
Wait for a success notification, then go ahead and check for updates again.
For all Canada members, we would like to inform you that BlackBerry DTEK50 is now available for purchase in Canada. And if you are not aware of DTEK50 specifications, you can have a quick look in below-
BlackBerry DTEK50 technical details
- Display: 5.2 inch IPS LCD (1920 x 1080 pixels) scratch resistant display
- Dimension: 147 mm x 72.5 mm x 7.4 mm
- Weight: 135 gram
- Processor: Qualcomm 8952 with 64 bit Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core, 64 bit), Adreno 405, 550MHz GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable microSD memory card support (Up to 2TB)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Rear Camera: 13-megapixel autofocus camera with image stabilization, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
- Front Camera: 8MP Fixed-Focus camera with Image & video stabilization, 1080p HD video recording
- SIM: nano SIM
- Network: FD-LTE, HSPA+, Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE,
- Connectivity: GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, 4G Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Hall Effect
- Battery: 2610 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium-Ion battery