Coolpad introduced an affordable metal phone with a great camera and terrible chipset dubbed as Coolpad Conjr at CES 2017. This new budget smartphone features some really impressive specs in the camera as well as memory departments but lets itself down with the display and the processor. It runs company’s own Cool UI 8.0 (based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow) and sports a 5-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) display.
Running inside is a MediaTek MT6735CP quad-core Cortex-A53 chip clocked at 1.0GHz. Assisting the processor are 3GB RAM and Mali-T720 GPU clocked at 450MHz. The camera details are particularly impressive, the main camera has a 13MP sensor and OIS, while the selfie cam has an 8MP sensor. Both cameras have LED flash and f/2.2 aperture. There’s even a fingerprint reader on the back. The device houses a 2500mAh battery. It is a dual-SIM phone with LTE connectivity (150Mbps). Connectivity options include 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS.
Coolpad Conjr specifications
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor: 1.0GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735CP 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with MicroSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Cool UI 8.0
- SIM Slot: Dual SIM
- Rear Camera: 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Connectivity Options: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 143 x 72 x 8.66 mm
- Weight: 148g
- Battery: 2500 mAh battery
- Color Options: Gold and gray colors
Price And Availability
The company has not revealed the price details, while the expected to cost less than $200 (approximately Rs 13,600). Coolpad has not mentioned any plans about introducing Coolpad Conjr outside the U.S. market.