Gionee has announced a new smartphone named M6S Plus at an event in China. Gionee M6S Plus is the successor of last year’s M6 Plus smartphone. The Gionee M6S Plus packs some very powerful and impressive specs inside. The phone comes with 6-inch (1920× 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display. It is powered by a Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. It comes in two storage variants – 64GB and 256GB. The Gionee M6S Plus comes with a gigantic 6020mAh battery inside.
On the camera specifications, Gionee M6S Plus packs a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front camera for taking selfies. It is a dual SIM phone running Android 6.0 Marshmallow based on Amigo3.5 OS. The phone also has a fingerprint sensor placed on the rear panel below the camera module. Gionee M6S Plus offers EAL4 + security certification offering two-level fingerprint encryption. It also comes with an encrypted chip to secure a user’s personal data. Gionee says that M6S Plus provides users with security features associated with payment options and that the live fingerprint scanning feature takes user’s fingerprint as well as heart rate to verify user’s identity.
Gionee M6S Plus specifications
- Display: 6-inch (1920× 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB / 256GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with micro SD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.5
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear Camera: 12MP camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm Pixel size
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um pixel size
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 80.9 x 8.25mm
- Weight: 215g
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Light sensor, Gravity sensor, Electronic Compass, Compass, Gyro, Proximity sensor
- Security: Encrypted chip (China only), Two-level fingerprint encryption
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- Battery: 6020mAh battery with fast charging
- Colors: Ink Black
Price and Availability
- Gionee M6S Plus 64GB internal storage variant: 3499 yuan (~ US$ 510 / Rs. 32,800)
- Gionee M6S Plus 256GB internal storage variant: 4299 yuan (~ US$ 620 / Rs. 40,250)
The phone is now available for pre-orders in China and will go on sale next month starting May 2nd. There is no words on global pricing and availability of the Gionee M6S Plus yet.