Gionee announced its latest budget smartphone in the Steel series in China dubbed as Gionee Steel 2. It features 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display and powered by 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU. RAM is 3GB, while internal memory options include 16GB and 32GB (can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card).
It has dedicated dual SIM slot and runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo 3.5 UI. It is kitted out with8MP rear camera with LED flash at the back, 5MP front shooter, and a 4000mAh battery which promises up to 45.45h of talk time, up to 7.94 hours of continuous video playback and up to 527.04h of standby. Apart from 4G LTE support, the connectivity options include WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS. It measures 144.30 x 70.50 x 8.60 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 160.00 grams.
Gionee Steel 2 specifications
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- Processor: 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 3GB RAM, 16GB /32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo 3.5 UI
- SIM Slot: Dual SIM
- Rear Camera: 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Connectivity Options: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Dimensions: 144.3×70.5×8.6mm
- Weight: 160g
- Battery: 4000mAh battery
- Color Options: Gold and Black colors
Price And Availability
The price of Gionee Steel 2 smartphone starts 1299 CNY (US$ 188 / Rs. 12,810 approx.). It is now available for order in China.