Google has released the YouTube Go beta app in the Play Store. The app targets the users with slow internet connection allows them to enjoy YouTube videos by potentially reducing your mobile data usage. YouTube Go is a brand new app to download, enjoy and share videos, it maximize your fun without eating up your data. It works similarly to the regular YouTube Android app but allows you to save videos to your device or SD card for offline viewing.
In the YouTube Go app users will find only Basic Quality and Standard Quality video formats – around 144p and 360p – so no HD quality available. The app works and compatible with older Android versions back to Jellybean (Android 4.1). Have a quick look at some basic features of YouTube Go app:
- Find a world of videos: songs, movies, TV shows, comedy, fashion, cooking, how-to’s and many more!
- Download and watch your favorite videos to your phone or SD card
- Instantly share videos – no data used to transfer, Once received, a quick 15KB internet security check allows you to play the video
- Search for any video and discover new videos
- Only 8.5MB app size
- Super Fast! Less Phone Hang! Made to work with less storage and slow speeds
- Works on older Android versions back to Jellybean (Android 4.1)
The YouTube Go app basically targets the regions with slow internet connections, so it may or may not be available in your region. The app is still in beta version, the final release will happen later.