WhatsApp Messenger is a proprietary, cross-platform, encrypted instant messaging client for smartphones. It was acquired by Facebook in 2014. Recently the company has rolled out many new features to WhatsApp. Recently they have introduced a new security feature- two-step verification on its platform. It is very useful for the users which facilitate the ability to secure their accounts with a passcode. As we are focusing here on two-step verification to make WhatsApp account much more secure. So here are the steps, you can follow in your Whats App.
- Open Your WhatApp on your mobile.
- Tap “Menu” icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Account”.
- Now tap on “Two-step verification”.
- Tap “Enable” in the setup window.
- You need to enter six-digit passcode now.Hit Next.
- Confirm the passcode.
- Now enter the recovery email address and confirm it as well and hit Next.
Note: WhatsApp won’t verify your address, therefore please make sure the entered email id must be valid.
- A message will appear- “Two-step verification is enabled”. Hit Done.
We are done and now WhatApp Account is much more secure than the previous one. WhatsApp will send periodic reminders to enter the passcode. If you forget that passcode, you can use your email id to disable this feature in your WhatsApp account.
Hope you all like this article, keep us posted in the comment section of this article.