A few days back, I received a notification from Facebook requesting to change my account password as there was a possibility of an unauthorized access. The message said that my account was logged-in somewhere in Vietnam, that I never visited. So I did make a quick action and changed my log-in credentials. That day I thought, there should be some settings on the Facebook where someone could check if someone else is messing with their account by some unauthorized control. And today I got a way to check it, so I am sharing a post about how to check if someone is messing with your Facebook account.
There are several different ways used by a hacker to get an unauthorized access to someone’s Facebook account. Also, there is a possibility that someone would get the log-in credentials of your account. And without letting you know (by not changing your account password) they have the complete access of your account. If you have some kind of worry regarding this, there is a simple way to check. Here is how to:
- Go to the arrow in the upper right-hand corner of your Facebook page and click on it.
- A drop-down menu will pop up, from the list click on Settings.
- A new page will open. Choose Security from the list of settings on left-hand corner.
- Now select the option Where You’re Logged In.
- A list will open showing all the devices that you’ve logged into, the time of access and their locations. The list will show the details about your account access on desktop, Facebook app and on the messenger. If you find a login that you don’t recognize or that isn’t you, possibilities are that someone else is also accessing your account without your permission. You can end the unauthorized access by clicking on End Activity on the right side of the log to end that session. The hacker will be logged out, temporarily.
What to do if your Facebook account has been hacked
By clicking on End Activity, the hacker will be logged out temporarily, so you need to change your account password right away. Then go to the Facebook help page, a system to help you if you’ve been hacked. Click on I think my account was hacked or someone is using it without my permission, and then click on secure it. Follow the further steps to add more security to your account.
The best practice to make sure that your account is safe and secure by any unauthorized access, keep changing your account password frequently. Share with your friends if you the post helpful.