I am sure, most of the people are not aware of that we can play Chess on Facebook Messenger. If you love to play Chess, it can be the best time pass for you. You can play this game with the facebook friends, directly in Chat window. It doesn’t matter whether you are using the mobile application or in your browser. Also, you don’t need to setup any additional application or program on your mobile or computer to run this game.
To play the game, please follow below steps-
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Open a conversation with your friend with whom you want to play Chess.
- Type “@fbchess play” to start the game.
- To move your pieces you have to use standard algebraic notation and add @fbchess at the beginning of every instruction. For Example: If you want to move a Pawn to square E3, just type “@fbchess Pe3”.
K = King
Q = Queen
B = Bishop
P = Pawn
N = Knight
R = Rook
There are few important instructions as well, you can use them while playing chess on Facebook Messenger.
- @fbchess play – start game with random colors
- @fbchess play black/white – to pick your color
- @fbchess draw claim – claim draw
- @fbchess draw offer – offer a draw in current position
- @fbchess undo – offer an undo of the last move
- @fbchess resign – to resign the game
- @fbchess show – to show current position
- @fbchess stats – to show stats between current players
- @fbchess help – for complete instructions
Now when you want to move any specific piece, you can add the file location of that piece.
- If you want to move the knight in the B file to square C3. You need to type “Nbc3”.
- To take a piece use a command “x”, You need to type “B2xc5” to take on C5 with the second rank bishop.
- Use “=” command to promote a pawn into a queen (e.g. e8=Q); and 0-0-0 to the castle.
Hope you all liked this article, so go ahead, open a conversation with your facebook friend and play this game. For beginners, commands are not easy to remember but you get used to it if you will strat playing this game.