Mukesh Ambani, Chairman and Managing Director of Reliance Industries announced that Reliance Jio has crossed 100 million customers in 170 days of launch. As the Jio’s Happy New Year offer ends on March 31st, the company launched Reliance Jio Prime membership at a one-time payment of Rs. 99 for a year. Jio Prime is basically an annual membership scheme for Jio users, which will enable them a host of services from Jio. It has introduced more packs that offer twice the benefits that normal users without Prime membership get. Basically the Jio Prime plan, which is an extension of the company’s ‘Happy New Year’ offer.
The company has started activation of the Prime membership through MyJio app, Jio.com and retail store from today, 1st March, which will last till 31st March 2017. After activating the Jio Prime membership, customers will be able to enjoy the benefits of the Happy New Year offer, including all the Jio’s media services worth Rs. 10,000 at an introductory price of Rs. 303 per month. Just like Jio’s ‘Happy New Year’ plan, the Jio Prime programe will also have a FUP limit of 1GB data per day. This means users will get 30GB data per month for a year, effectively at Rs 10 per day.
Reliance Jio users can enroll in to the Jio Prime membership programe latest by March 31, 2017. Users who’re not on Jio can get on the network on or before March 31 to avail the Prime membership offer.
How to register for Jio Prime Membership? Here’s a step by step guide to subscribe or active Jio Prime membership:
Using MyJio App on your device-
- Update your MyJio app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Open the MyJio app and swipe left to bring the menu option. Right at the top, you will find Jio Prime menu option, tap on it. (or click on the menu tab present at the left corner. ‘Jio Prime’ is listed as the first option in the menu.)
- Clicking on the ‘Jio Prime’ option will take you to a page where you’ll see ‘Get Jio Prime’ and ‘Gift Jio Prime’ options
- Hit the ‘Get Jio Prime’ option and make the payment.
- Prepaid user will be subscribed to Jio Prime membership offer immediately. The postpaid consumer will be charged in the next billing cycle, but the services will be active right away.
By visiting Jio website-
- Visit Jio recharge portal.
- Enter your Jio number and click submit.
- Select Jio Prime Membership.
- Proceed to pay Rs 99 for Jio Prime subscription.
- Jio Prime will be activated on your number.
Become Jio Prime member from Jio Store
If you are unable to activate the Jio Prime membership offer via MyJio app, go to a nearby Reliance Digital store, Jio store and ask for INR 99 add-on pack / prime membership recharge. This will activate the Jio Prime membership on your number.
Once you activate the Jio Prime membership, you can choose the plan that suits you the best. You can check out the complete list of Jio Prime mebership plans and Jio non-prime plans on Jio website here.
What happens if I don’t take Jio Prime membership before March 31?
From April 1, 2017, Jio customers have to pay for Reliance Jio 4G services. If you are one of those who don’t want to switch to the Jio Prime membership plan, then you will be charged as per tariffs announced by the company last year. If you don’t want to opt for the Jio Prime membership, you can avail other Jio offers with voice calls, including roaming will remain free across India. Mukesh Ambani said at the Jio Prime launch event that after the free Happy New Year offer ends on March 31st, voice calls, including roaming will remain free across India, as it had promised. So you just pay for the data. All the plans come with free unlimited local and STD voice calls to any network, including roaming across India.
You can check out the complete list of Jio Prime mebership plans and Jio non-prime plans on Jio website here.