Following to the recent launch of Google’s cross platform video calling app – Duo, the next thing is how to install and use Duo app. Google Duo is tied up with your contact number rather than your email id. Google has launched this app for Android and iOS platform. You can download the app from here.
We are going to explain all the features of this app. We will cover below questions:
- How to set up Google Duo?
- How to make a call in Google Duo?
- How to receive/reject a call in Google Duo?
- What are In-call controls in Google Duo?
- What are the Google Duo settings?
- What is ‘Knock Knock’ feature in Google Duo?
How to set up Google Duo?
- Download Google Duo from Google Play. iOS users can download it from App Store.
- Open Duo.
- Click on ‘I Agree’ to agree with Google’s Terms and Conditions.
- You have accept few permissions, as per below screenshot.
- Type your Contact Number.
- You will received an Verification Code on your given contact number. Type it. (In case, Verification code doesn’t work, there is also an option of automated voice call.)
- You are now all good to use Google due App.
Similarly, you can install this app in iOS devices by providing contact number and verifying it (using verification code/ using automated voice call).
How to make a call in Google Duo?
- Tap on ‘Video Call’ option.
- Select the person’s contact number you’d like to call from your contact list or type the number manually you’d like to reach.
Note: The number of your contact must include the country code. Example: India number starts from+91XXXXXXXXXX.
- Google Duo will call your desired contact, making your video visible with Knock Knock.
- If you want to end your call, tap the red phone button in the bottom center of your screen.
How to receive/reject a call in Google Duo?
- When you want to accept the call -Swipe up on the call button.
- When you want to reject the call -Swipe down on the call button.
What are In-call controls in Google Duo?
During the video call, tap on the screen, it will bring up controls for the call.
- If you want to mute your microphone during a call, tap the mute button which is just above to your video preview in the bottom left corner.
- In order to switch cameras during a video call, tap the camera button which is just above the mute button on the left side of the screen.
- If you are connected to a Bluetooth headset, you can switch between Bluetooth and the internal speaker/microphone using the Bluetooth button above the camera button on the left side of the screen.
What are the Google Duo settings?
Below are the default settings, you can change it according to your need.
Below are the Google Duo settings:
- Vibrate while ringing
- Knock Knock
- Limit mobile data usage
- Phone number
- Unregister phone number
- Blocked numbers
- About,Terms, and Privacy
All above settings are easy to understand as they have meaningful name, only ‘Knock Knock’ setting need to understand.
What is ‘Knock Knock’ feature in Google Duo?
Knock Knock in Duo allows you to see live video of the caller before you answer the call. Google says “Knock Knock gives you a sense of what the caller is up to and why they want to chat. It makes video calling more spontaneous and welcoming.”
If you don’t want the people you call to see you before they accept the call, you can slide the toggle for Knock Knock off.
Stay Tuned with us for more latest news and updates.