At IFA 2016, HTC has announced the mid-range smartphone – One A9s. HTC One A9s is not an upgrade version of the premium flagship One A9, but it packs some downgraded features while keeping the premium feeling. The new HTC One A9s has a beautiful unibody metal design with its diamond-cut buttons and curved screen Gorilla Glass.
The HTC One A9s features a 5-inch 720p HD Super LCD display and is powered by Octa-Core A53 MediaTek Helio P10 processor. It comes with 2GB of RAM with 16GB internal storage or 3GB of RAM with 32GB internal storage option. The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with the latest HTC Sense launcher and packs inside a 2,300 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor below the home button.
HTC One A9s specifications
- Display: 5.0-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Super LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 294 ppi
- Processor: Octa-core (4 x 2.0 GHz + 4 x 1.0 GHz) MediaTek Helio P10 processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense
- Rear Camera: 13MP Auto-focus with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p Full HD video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP, f/2.8 aperture, 1080p Full HD video recording, Auto selfie (smile selfie, still selfie), Voice Selfie, Selfie timer up to 10 seconds
- SIM: Nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, Miracast
- Dimensions: 146.49 x 71.5 x 7.99 mm
- Weight: 149.8g
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Motion G-sensor, Compass sensor, Magnetic sensor
- Other Features: HTC BoomSound, Two microphones with noise cancellation
- Battery: 2300mAh battery, Fast charging
Availability and Pricing
The HTC One A9s will launch this October but there is no word on the pricing details. The phone will come in in Black, Gold and Silver color options.