After successful launch of Huawei P9 in India, Huawei has announced the launch of its new smartphone in G9 series in China. The new smartphone is dubbed as Huawei G9 Plus and has a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. This new device is powered by 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor paired with Adreno 506 GPU and runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei EMUI 4.1 skin on top.It has 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. If internal storage is not enough for you to store movies, videos and songs etc, you can expand it up to 128GB using microSD card. It has a 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, OIS, PDAF and a 8MP front-facing camera to click the selfies.
The devices measures 151.8 x 75.7 x 7.3mm and weighs 160 grams. It is a dual SIM smartphone and connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB OTG. Sensors on the phone include Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer. Huawei touts that the fingerprint scanner on the G9 Plus can unlock the phone in just 0.3 seconds.
Huawei G9 Plus Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor paired with Adreno 506 GPU
- Storage & RAM: 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card, 3GB of RAM
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei EMUI 4.1 skin on top
- Camera: 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, OIS, PDAF and 8MP front-facing camera
- SIM slot: dual-SIM
- Connectivity & Sensors: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB OTG, Fingerprint , accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor
- Dimensions: Measures 151.8 x 75.7 x 7.3mm; Weighs 160 grams
- Battery: 3340mAh battery
Price & Availability:
In China, G9 Plus is launched at 2399 yuan (approx. Rs. 24,150/US$ 360). Company is also planning to launch a variant of 4GB RAM but cost of this new variant isn’t known. Registrations for the device have already started, while the sales beginning August 25.