Huawei also announced a budget range smartphone along with it’s flagship launch Honor Note 8 – dubbed as Honor 5 Play, a successor to the Honor 4 Play from 2014. Looks like the big China company targeting every consumer section very aggressively. The Honor 5 Play is the latest entry in the Play series smartphone from Huawei.
Honor 5 play is a low-end smartphone with mid-range specifications. It features a 5-inch HD display, an 8 MP rear camera with dual-LED flash, a 2 MP selfie camera. The phone is powered by 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6735P quad-core processor backed by 2GB of RAM.
Huawei Honor 5 Play technical details
- Display: 5-inch 720p HD touch display
- Processor: 1.3GHz Cortex-A53 MediaTek MT6735P quad-core processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 2MP selfie camera
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Other features: 4G VoLTE support, EasyKey one-touch access function
- Battery: 2,200 mAh
The phone looks more like a upgrade version of the Honor 4 Play with a slightly higher-clocked CPU, more RAM, more storage, and a bigger battery.
Availability and Pricing
The honor 5 Play will go on sale from August 2 in China with a price tag of just 599 Yuan ( $91 or or €80 or Rs. 6,ooo). The phone comes in three color options; gold, black and white. There is no official confirmation about the availability of the phone in other markets.