Huawei’s Honor 8 will be launched in Malaysia early next month on September 6. The company has confirmed it on it’s official Facebook page. We don’t have any information about the cost of this device in the Asian country. Huawei has already announced this smartphone in China. It is also available for purchase in the USA and available on the official price tag of $399.99.
This smartphone has also been made official in many other markets, including Europe, the Middle East, and Russia. Huawei’s Honor 8 features a 5.2-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display and packs the 4GB of RAM powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 950 SoC with i5 co-processor. It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. It is powered by 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging.
Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C. As for as camera is concerned, it has 12MP rear camera and 8MP front facing camera. It’s a dual sim (hybrid) smartphone. Let’s have a quick look on its specifications-
Honor 8 smartphone technical details
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor:Octa-Core Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating system: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Rear Camera: 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 71 x 7.45 mm
- Weight: 153g
- Battery: 3000mAh (typical) / 2900mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging