Huawei has started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update to its P9 Plus smartphone in Europe. The Huawei P9 Plus Android Nougat update brings software version VIE-L09C432B360 and weighing in at around 2.4GB. The update comes along with EMUI 5.0 and Google security patches from January. The OTA update is rolling out to all users in Europe.
With Android Nougat update, users will be able to add an optional app drawer, customize their quick controls, and work in multiple windows simultaneously. EMUI 5.0 is the newest version of Huawei’s Android Skin that promises quicker and more optimized performance while also improving battery life. Some other changes that come with the update are:
- Ability to run different profiles in parallel – switch effortlessly between their professional and personal lives. App Twin feature that allows users to log-in and use two different accounts at the same time (only works with Facebook and WhatsApp as of now)
- Machine learning enables EMUI 5.0 to dynamically optimize processing resources by analyzing the user’s behavior over time and prioritizing frequently used apps.
- EMUI 5.0 comes with improved capabilities and flexibility around security. For example, the user can ensure specific apps stay ultra-secure with such features as App Lock.
- EMUI 5.0 also features a more intelligent power management system, with a selection of power saving modes so you can manage your device’s battery consumption more easily.
- Optional app drawer, customize their quick controls, and work in multiple windows simultaneously
- Also Read: List of Huawei smartphones that will get the Android Nougat update
As usual the OTA update is rolling out gradually, it may take some time for the update to hit your device. Meanwhile, you can manually check for the update notification by heading to your handset’s Settings menu.