Earlier this month, the specs sheet of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus leaked which detailed almost all the specs of the smartphone. Now, Ming-Chi Kuo renowned Analyst of KGI Securities, comes out with a variety of details about the Samsung’s upcoming flagships. Kuo is known for being one of the most reliable Apple analysts in the world.
Like all those rumors and leaks, Kuo also predicted that there will be two size variants for the Galaxy S8 with full-screen display and no physical home button. In addition to all those available rumors and leaks, he predicted some of very unique points about the upcoming flagships.
Here are some key specs from his predictions list:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch display and 3000mAh battery
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ with a 6.2-inch display and 3500mAh battery
- Both the smartphones will feature OLED display and feature WQHD+ resolutions of 2960×2400
- In his note, he also predicts that the shipment split between the models will be 6:4
- The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus variants sold in the U.S., Japan, and China markets will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 processor, while models sold in Europe and the rest of Asia will have Samsung’s Exynos 8895 processor
- Coming to the RAM, the models sold in most markets will feature 4GB of RAM, while those sold in Korea and China will sport 6GB
- The front camera is said to be 8-megapixel, while the rear camera will be single-lens 12-megapixel camera.
- The Galaxy S8 will also reportedly feature a PC mode when placed in a dock
- Moving to the back of the device, all models equipped with 3D-curved cover glass with seven color options including gold, silver, bright black, matte black, blue, orchid, and pink. There will be four modules mounted next to each on the back: “a main camera (middle of the four), fingerprint scanner module (right), camera flash (top left), and heart beat measurement (bottom left).
Kuo predicts that the Galaxy S8 is going to be released on April 21.
We also reported about a 5 second long leaked video showing the Galaxy S8 design from all side. We have also seen the live images and press images of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8. Also a new set of high-resolution images of Galaxy S8 smartphone surfaced few days back.
Also the support page for the Galaxy S8 went live in some countries which suggest the dual-SIM configuration in the upcoming handset. At some time earlier, a 3D render video also went viral that giving the best look yet of the device.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus expected specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch/5.8-inch (Galaxy S8), 6.2-inch (Galaxy S8 Plus), dual curved Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 8895/Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory & Storage: 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- SIM: Single SIM, dual-SIM
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Samsung Pay, USB 3.0 Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Hall Sensor, Proximity, Samsung KNOX, and Samsung Pass
- Durability: IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- Battery: 3,250mAh (Galaxy S8) and 3,750mAh (Galaxy S8 Plus) with Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
Samsung is all set to introduce the Galaxy S8 and S8+ in a event in New York on March 29, 2017 that will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT (9:30 PM IST) on the day. Both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 28. Check out our rumour round-up for more details about the upcoming Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.