Kyocera mobile has launched its latest affordable, waterproof phone – Hydro Shore. The phone has IP57 certification for waterproofing, meaning it can be submerge in up to 3.28 feet (1 meter) of water for about 30 minutes and it’ll still keep working afterward. You can use the screen normally (take calls, check messages, and operate apps) even when it’s wet. Hydro SHORE is also dust-proof so you can stay productive in all kinds of weather.
Hydro Shore technical details
- Display: 5.0″ qHD with a light, flexible acrylic lens (960 x 540)
- Processor: MSM8909 Qualcomm Snapdragon with 1.1GHz Quad-core processor
- Operating System: Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage with MicroSD memory card slot (supports up to 64GB)
- Rear Camera: 5MP camera with video, digital zoom, LED flash and auto-focus
- Front Camera: 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimension: 5.47 x 2.84 x 0.39 inch (139 x 72.1 x 9.9mm)
- Weight: 141 gram
- Battery: 2160mAh non-removable Lithium ion (Li-ion), Talk time up to 13 hours and standby time up to 11 days
Availability and Price
The phone costs only $79.99 and is available to shop at Walmart, on AT&T’s prepaid GoPhone network.
Hydro SHORE smartphone offers the luxury of a waterproof certification packed with some premium features at an affordable price. It has a large, beautiful display with Wet Touchscreen Operation and a power-saving battery. So next time don’t afraid to get wet – take selfies in the rain and capture videos by the pool.