As promised, LG has launched it’s flagship smartphone LG G6 in India. LG introduced the LG G6 smartphone at the Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona earlier this year. The most promising features of the phone include 5.7-inch QHD+ (1440×2880 pixels) FullVision display with a near bezel-less front with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and DolbyVision HDR technology, a metal body and glass (Corning Gorilla Glass 5) backing. It has a fingerprint sensor on the rear panel.
The phone packs 13-megapixel dual rear camera setup with dual-tone LED flash, OIS 2.0, manual mode, 25-degree lens for secondary camera and a 5-megapixel front camera with 100-degree wide angle lens. LG G6 comes with IP68 rating for dust and water resistance that makes it safe to be immersed in up to 1.5 meters of water for as long as 30 minutes. The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and and comes with Google Assistant support. LG G6 will be available in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White color options.
Price and Availability
LG G6 was unveiled at MWC in 32GB and 64GB storage options, with support for microSD card (up to 2TB). The company has brought only the 64GB storage variant of the phone for Indian market yet. It is priced at Rs. 51,990 and will be available exclusively on Amazon India for online sales and from offline stores starting tomorrow, Tuesday, April 25. Consumers who will purchase the LG G6 from Amazon, tomorrow on April 25, will get Rs. 10,000 Amazon cashback.
LG G6 FullVision (Astro Black)
LG G6 FullVision (Ice Platinum)
LG G6 launch offers
- LG G6 launch offer on Amazon India is Rs. 10,000 cashback for HDFC and SBI credit card holders, applicable only on Tuesday, April 25.
- Rs. 7000 cash back (Rs. 5000+ additional Rs. 2000 cash back) for HDFC Bank and SBI Card holders (Rs. 2000 cash back till May 1st, Rs. 5000 cash back till May 31st) (on pre-booking of the phone from LG India Website)
- 50% off on LG Tone Active+ HBS-A100 headset worth Rs. 9,990 (valid till May 31)
- Free EA Special gifts worth Rs. 14,100 for 6 games including Temple Run 2, Spider-Man Unlimited and Crossy Road with the G6
- Free one time screen replacement within 6 months of purchase
- In addition to all this, a Reliance Jio offer, where LG G6 users will get additional 10GB on every recharge of Rs. 309, translating to an additional 100GB until March 2018.
The LG G6 will directly compete against the newly launched Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ in the country at a slightly less price tag, both the Samsung smartphones launched in India at price tag of Rs 57,900 and 64,900 respectively.
LG G6 specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 564 PPI, Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0
- Rear Camera: 13MP dual cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS 2.0, 4K video recording,
- Front Camera: 5MP camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Durability: IP68 rating Water and dust resistant
- Other Features: Google Assistant, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Battery: 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Astro Black, Mystic White and Ice Platinum