After getting a launch date for Galaxy S8 and S8+ in India, another popular flagship of the year, LG G6, is heading to India. LG G6 India launch is expected this month at a rumored price tag of Rs. 49,999. LG introduced the LG G6 smartphone at the Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona this year. It is the successor of the last year’s modular phone LG the G5. LG has already launched the device in U.S. and Canada after it was launched in Korea.
Coming to the India launch, LG has started taking pre-registrations for the LG G6 smartphone in the country. You can Register you interest for the G6 on the LG G6 registration page. This is not pre-booking of the phone, so you don’t have to pay any amount. The company has not announced the launch date for the smartphone in the country, but it is expected to launch the LG G6 in India in the last week of April 2017 or the first week of May.
LG might price the phone competitively against the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S Plus, both the Samsung smartphones are also launching in India this month. And if we believe some sources, then the LG G6 flagship is to be priced for Rs 49,999 in India at the launch. In the U.S. the LG G6 was launched for around $719.99 (Rs. 47,200 approx.) without contract. We will update you with all the details once we have more information.
LG G6 specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 564 PPI, Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0
- Rear Camera: 13MP dual cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS 2.0, 4K video recording,
- Front Camera: 5MP camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Durability: IP68 rating Water and dust resistant
- Other Features: Google Assistant, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Battery: 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Astro Black, Mystic White and Ice Platinum