LG has announced the third generation Stylus 3 smartphone along with four new K Series smartphones (the K3, K4, K8, and K10) that will showcase at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. LG Stylus 3 is latest version of company’s mid-range Stylus smartphone (Stylo in the United States). Like the LG V20, Stylus 3 also runs Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. LG Stylus 3 comes with a 1.8mm diameter fiber-tip stylus which delivers an improved writing experience with the feel and feedback of an actual pen when writing on the screen. The Stylus 3 also features a fingerprint scanner.
LG Stylus 3 has a 5.7-inch (1280 x 720 / 258ppi) HD display and is powered by a 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. It comes with 16GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 2TB via microSD card. It features a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and a 8MP front-facing camera. The phones packs a 3200mAh removable battery. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC.
LG Stylus 3 has enhanced UX with Pen Pop 2.0 as well as the popular Pen Keeper and Screen-off Memo. With Pen Pop 2.0, your memos are never out of sight and can be set to display on the screen whenever the stylus is removed. Pen Keeper displays a warning when the stylus strays too far from the phone, and Screen-off Memo enables note-taking directly on the screen even when the display is off.
LG Stylus 3 specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) In-cell Touch IPS display
- Processor: 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor with Mali T860 GPU
- Memory: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB eMMC Internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Rear Camera: 13MP camera with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP camera
- Dimensions: 155.6 x 79.8 x 7.4mm
- Weight: 149g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE/2G/3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB 2.0
- Other Features: Stylus Pen / FM Radio / Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 3200mAh removable battery
- Colors: Metallic Titan / Pink Gold
LG will showcase the Stylus 3 at CES 2017 in the Las Vegas Convention Center, Booth #11100, Central Hall. Information regarding price, launch dates and release markets will be announced in the coming weeks.