LG has announced a new entry-level smartphone – LG U. It has a 5.2-inch full HD display and is powered by an octa-core 1.14GHz processor. The phone sports a glossy uni-body finish and is just 7.7mm thick. It comes with 2GB of RAM with 32GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 2TB with microSD slot. The phone runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and packs a 3000mAh battery.
The LG U features a 13-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The camera supports auto-correction feature ‘Beauty Shot’, ‘Auto selpi’ and differentiated user features by LG, only to shoot automatically detect faces without having to press the shutter for a bright and splendid shooting.
LG U Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 × 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Processor: 1.14GHz Octa-Core processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Rear Camera: 13MP with LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Dimensions: 147.6 × 73.2 × 7.7mm
- Weight: 135g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery: 3,000mAh built-in battery
- Colors: White, Black, Pink
Price and Availability
The LG U smartphone is priced at 396,000 Korean Won (approx. US$ 346 / Rs. 23,120) and will go on sale in South Korea by the end of the month. The phone is currently for the local operator LG U + only, there is no words on global pricing and release date yet.
Commenting on the launch, LG Electronics executive Korea Sales Geurupjang Yisanggyu said,
‘LG U’ is a sensuous design and excellent smartphone with a multimedia performance at an affordable price. With differentiated design and consumers really need low-end market, it will try to increase customer value.