LG has announced the V20 smartphone, company’s latest flagship in its V series of smartphone at a event in San Francisco. LG V20 is the world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat OS right out of the box. The V20 smartphone is successor to the previously launched V10 smartphone.
LG V20 adopts a premium design in a durable lightweight aluminum body. LG says it opted for a lightweight aluminum material, together with a new silicon-based material. AL6013 metal, found in aircraft, sailboats and mountain bikes. The top and bottom of the phone combines Silicone Polycarbonate (Si-PC) reduces shocks by more than 20 percent compared to conventional materials, to protected it from any damage if dropped.
The LG V20 comes with a 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD primary display and a secondary (160 x 1040 pixels) display, similar to the V10 with improved in visibility. The secondary display above the main display allows users to easily view notifications and alerts. Users can also tap on the Second Screen to enlarge notifications in order to check long messages and quickly send a reply.
The phone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. It comes with 64GB of in-built storage which is expandable up to 2TB vis microSD. The LG V20 will run on Android 7.0 Nougat right out of the box. It packs a removable 3,200 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0.
On the camera specifications, it features dual camera set up at the back. A 16-megapixel 16:9 OIS rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Hybrid Auto Focus with laser and phase-detection, all coupled with a 8-megapixel secondary rear camera with 135-degree lens for capturing wide angle shots. The phone also offers a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with a 120-degree wide-angle lens for taking selfie pictures.
LG V20 image gallery
The V20 also boasts new features including Steady Record 2.0, Hi-Fi Quad DAC, HD Audio Recorder. The Steady Record 2.0 system is for video capturing with gyro-based electronic image stabilization (EIS) 3.0 to record sharper video footage while neutralizing shaky images. EIS is complemented by digital image stabilization (DIS) for tracking a moving object and stabilizing the video, which further improves video quality in post-processing by adjusting objects across frames and minimizing distortion caused by rolling shutter for smoother action. It’s Hi-Fi Video Recording feature manually control the settings for perfect audio quality by removing unwanted background noise and Limiter (LMT) that sets recording distance.
Availability and Pricing
The LG V20 will become available in Q3 starting this month in Korea followed by other regions. The phone will be available in Titan, Pink, and Silver color options. LG has not confirmed any pricing details yet. In the United States, the V20 will be available on all major carriers which will announce their pricing separately.
LG V20 specifications
- Display: Main 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi) /
Secondary IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 64GB internal storage expandable via microSD (up to 2TB)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Rear Camera: Dual rear camera, 16MP with F1.8 Aperture OIS (Standard Angle), dual-tone LED Flashand, 4K video recording, 8MP secondary rear camera with F2.4 Aperture (135-degree lens)
- Front Camera: 5MP with F1.9 Aperture (Wide Angle)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Size: 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 173 gram
- Colors: Titan / Silver / Pink
- Battery: 3200mAh (removable) with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Other Features: Hi-Fi Video Recording / Steady Record 2.0 / HD Audio Recorder / Studio Mode / High AOP Mic / Second Screen / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC / In Apps / B&O Collaboration / Finger Print Scanner /