Meizu has launched its new smartphone M5s in China today. Meizu M5s is the successor to the Meizu M5. The smartphone is nestled in the low-budget market while featuring a decent specification sheet for what you’re paying. This device is built around a 5.2-inch IPS display with 720p resolution and powered by a 1.3GHz Octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor.
It has 3GB of RAM clubbed with 16/32GB of internal storage. Internal storage is expandable up to 128GB with MicroSD card. The smartphone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow wrapped under Flyme OS. The Meizu M5s features a 13MP primary camera with PDAF F/2.2 5-element lens and a dual-tone LED flash. The front shooter has a 5MP sensor. It comes with hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the second slot as a microSD slot when required. The Meizu M5s get its strength from a 3000 mAh battery and comes with mCharge 18W fast charging technology which as per company can charge the Meizu M5s from 0 to 19 percent in 10 minutes.
The smartphone houses an (mTouch) fingerprint scanner, which is integrated into the home button. It also comes with 4G LTE connectivity with VoLTE. Other connectivity options include WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS. The smartphone measures 148.2 x 72.5 x 8.4mm and weighs 143 grams. The Meizu M5s comes in four colors- Rose Gold, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold and Star Gray colors.
Meizu m5s specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Processor: 1.3 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor with Mali-T760 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB / 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 6.0
- Rear Camera: 13MP camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, Sony sensor
- Front Camera: 5MP camera with f/2.0 aperture
- SIM Slot: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Connectivity Options: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 72.5 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 143g
- Battery: 3,000mAh battery with fast charging
- Color Options: Rose Gold, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold and Star Gray
Price And Availability
The Meizu M5s smartphone is available from Meizu’s official website. It is priced at RMB 799 ($115) for the 16GB variant and RMB 999 ($145) for the 32GB variant. It will be made available in China from 20th February on wards.