Microsoft has launched a brand new camera app for Apple iOS for smart photography experience. The app is specially made for iOS devices. Microsoft Pix can automatically tweak settings for each shot, and immediately enhance your photos. All you can say that the Pix app from Microsoft is your personal photographer in your pocket.
The app is very easy to use, and literally settings-free – the Pix does everything for you. Pix makes use of AI (artificial intelligence) to recognize and enhance your images real time. Here are some smart features of the Pix app:
- Automatically checks scene and lighting between each shutter tap, and updates settings between each shot.
- When it detects a face in the shot, it automatically optimizes settings to help people look their best.
- Captures a burst of frames every time you tap the shutter button, including frames before and after your tap, so you won’t miss the right moment.
- Automatically selects up to 3 of the best and most unique shots from the burst, and immediately deletes the rest, so you don’t waste your phone’s memory or your time comparing and storing similar frames.
- Uses discarded burst frames to enhance each Best Image, improving exposure and color, and reducing noise and blur.
- Automatically creates a short, looping video, by stitching together the frames from the burst into a Live Image, but ONLY when it senses motion in your shot, so it won’t waste a ton of your phone’s memory.
- Videos shot with Microsoft Pix are automatically stabilized for smoother playback, and can be time lapsed and saved at many different speeds.
When it comes to Live Images, Microsoft says that they are created by auto-enhancing each burst frame, stitching them together, and looping the action. This means you see perfect motion shots but not the camera instability during capture.
Compatibility of the App
The Pix is compatible with the devices running iOS 9 or newer version, that means being compatible with the iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6s Plus. The app will also works on iPad running iOS 9.0 or later. That includes, iPad Air & Air 2, iPad Mini 2, 3, 4, and iPad Pro. You can download the Pix app from the link below:
If you are looking for a real photography app to just enhance the qualities of your photos and videos without putting any artistic effect, then Microsoft Pix is the best app for your iOS device.