Moto India has launched Moto G5 Plus smartphone in India at an event in Delhi. It was announced at the MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2017 in Barcelona last month. The Moto G5 Plus features a 5.2-inch Full HD display and is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor. It is a dual-SIM smartphone and runs latest Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. It comes with support for 4G VoLTE. It comes with separate microSD card slot. Users can insert two SIM cards and one microSD card simultaneously.
The Moto G5 Plus sports a unibody metal design and has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button. It has a 12MP rear camera with Dual Autofocus, 4K video recording and a 5MP camera front camera. Moto G5 Plus comes in two memory variants – 3GB RAM with 16GB storage and 4GB RAM with 32GB storage – with expandable memory up to 128 GB with microSD. The phone packs a non-removable 3000mAh battery with TurboPower charging that will provide six hours of battery life in just 15 minutes of charging.
Price and Availability
Moto G5 Plus 3GB RAM + 16GB internal storage variant is priced at Rs 14,999 while the 4GB RAM + 32GB internal storage variant costs Rs 16,999. It comes in come in Lunar Gray and Fine Gold colors and will be available starting today midnight exclusively on Flipkart. The company has announced Moto G5 Plus launch offers that include an additional Rs 1,500 discount on exchange and there is an additional 10 per cent discount on SBI cards. You can also get a Moto Pulse 2 headset at a discounted price of Rs 599.
Moto G5 Plus specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 3GB RAM with 16GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128 GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- SIM Slot: Dual-SIM
- Rear Camera: 12MP camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Sony IMX362 sensor, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP camera with OmniVision OV5695 sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- Other Features: Water repellent nano-coating, Fingerprint sensor, Front-ported loudspeaker
- Connectivity Options: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 150.2x74x7.9 mm
- Weight:155 g
- Battery: 3,000mAh battery with Turbo charging
- Color Options: Lunar Grey and Fine Gold