Lenovo has announced the Moto Z Play smartphone at IFA. Moto Z Play is the third member in the Moto Z series smartphones. Like the other Moto Z smartphones, it also has support for MotoMods accessories. Its design is very similar to its high-end siblings – Moto Z and Moto Z Force except the back, which isn’t made out of metal. The Z Play also comes with water-repellent nano coating around it.
The Moto Z Play features a 5.5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM. On the camera front it has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, laser autofocus and a 5-megapixel selfie camera with LED flash of it’s own. The Z Play runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and packs inside a 3,510 mAh battery.
Moto Z Play Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable up to 2TB
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- SIM: Single Nano-SIM / Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, USB Type-C port
- Rear Camera: 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Laser Autofocus
- Front Camera: 5MP with Wide-Angle lens, LED flash
- Dimensions: 156.4 x 76.4 x 6.99mm
- Weight: 165g
- Other Features: Moto Mods connector, Water repellent nano-coating
- Battery: 3510mAh battery with Turbo charging
Pricing and Availability
The Moto Z Play is priced at $449.99/€499 (Rs. 30,123 approx.) and will be available globally in September. Verizon wireless will sell the Droid-branded Moto Z Play at $408 or 24 monthly payments of $17 in the United States. The phone comes in Black,Silver,Black Slate, White, Fine Gold and Sugar White color options.