Motorola has announced the third-generation Moto E smartphone in the UK. The biggest of the Moto E series, Moto E3, as the new model is called, moves from the 4.5-inch display of the previous Moto E to a new 5-inch HD (720×1280 pixel) IPS display. Moto E3 boast a body that looks very much like the G4 Play. The Moto E3 will also be available in a dual-SIM variant in some selected markets.
The E3 will be powered by a quad-core processor, though Motorola has not specified the chipset or the amount of RAM it is paired with. The smartphone features an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The inside, it will have water repellent nano coating and a 2,800mAh battery.
Moto E3 technical details
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Processor: Quad-core processor
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- SIM: Dual SIM (market dependent)
- Rear Camera: 8MP rear camera with LED Flash
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- Battery: 2800mAh battery
At this point, apart from above details Motorola has not disclosed all the specifications of the smartphone.
Availability and Pricing
The Moto E3 comes in Black and White color options and will go on sale in the UK from early September. At this point, the company has not detailed availability in other regions. The phone will priced starting £99 (US$ 132 / Rs. 8860 approx.)