Finland-based HMD Global announced the Nokia 3 Android-based smartphone for global markets on Sunday at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 in Barcelona. The company’s latest budget Android smartphone a 5-inch HD 2.5D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass display.
The Nokia 3 smartphone is powered by 1.3GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit Processor with Mali T720 MP1 GPU and run Android 7.0 (Nougat). It comes with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD support, and a 2650mAh battery. It sport an 8-megapixel rear and front auto focus cameras, LED flash for rear and screen flash for the front-facing camera.
The Nokia 3 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) and Micro-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Nokia 3 specifications
- Display: 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass display, 450 nits brightness
- Processor: 1.3GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit Processor with Mali T720 MP1 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS
- SIM Slot: Dual SIM / Single SIM
- Rear Camera: 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- Front Camera: 8MP autofocus front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Compass Magnetometer sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 71.4 x 8.48 mm
- Connectivity Options: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 2650mAh battery
- Color Options: Silver White, Matte Black, Tempered Blue, and Copper White color options
Price And Availability
The global rollout of this smartphone is starting from Q2 2017. The price of this smartphone starts at 139 Euros (US$ 146 / Rs. 9780 approx.).