Nokia branded Android phone is finally official, HMD Global has announced the Nokia 6 smartphone. The Nokia 6 smartphone runs Android 7.0 Nougat and sports an aluminum alloy unibody design with 5.5-inch 1080p full-HD 2.5D curved glass display. The phone is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It comes with microSD card support up to 128GB for further storage expansion. The Nokia 6 is a dual SIM smartphone and also has a fingerprint sensor on the home button.
On the camera specifications, Nokia 6 has a 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies. The Nokia 6 comes equipped with Dolby Atmos technology and ‘smart dual amplifier chips’ for louder sound experience. It has dual speakers, one on the top and other on the bottom. The phone packs a 3,000mAh non removable battery.
Nokia 6 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- SIM: Dual-SIM
- Rear Camera: 16MP camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Battery: 3,000mAh non removable battery
- Colors: Black
Price and Availability
The Nokia 6 smartphone is priced at CNY 1699 (approx. US$ 250, Rs. 16,750) and will be available in China exclusively from JD.com in early 2017. There is no info yet regarding global market price and availability. As of now, The Nokia 6 is China exclusive and according to the company that it has no plans to launch it in other markets.