OnePlus is now rolling out OxygenOS 4.0.3 update for OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphones. In order to maintain the company’s reputation, it is providing frequent updates to users. This Android 7.0 Nougat based update, the OnePlus has done several improvements to the platform stability by fixing bugs. It also brings pre-installed Amazon Prime app for users in India. It also includes Smart Wi-Fi Switcher with updated APN settings which switch to data connection in case the Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor.
Below are the highlights of OxygenOS 4.0.3 Update-
- Added Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle
- Optimized Smart Wi-Fi Switcher, if turned on, device will switch to data connection if Wi-Fi signal is consistently poor
- Fixed crashes for Line
- Increased stability of the Camera app
- Optimized exposure when taking night time photos
- Updated Audio Parameters and improved the quality of audio recordings
- Updated APN settings for select carriers
- Amazon Prime App will be pre-installed for India Users
As per earlier update, the company already confirmed, Wi-Fi disconnections issue was there but in this update, the company has recommended below solution to them-
If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections-
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi (Top right hand corner)
- Scroll to bottom of the page and check the IP address format (IPv4 = Single line, IPv6 = Multiple lines)
- If the IP address is IPv6 based, then turn off the IPv6 Support toggle and see if the disconnections stop.
- If you experience frequent WiFi disconnections due to switches between WiFi and data, please try turning off the Smart Wi-Fi Switcher at Settings > Wi-Fi > Configure WiFi and see if the disconnections stop.
If you found any bug, you can report it using below link-
You can also participate in UI/UX experience survey using below link and help the company to make OxygenOS even better-