As promised, OnePlus has launched it’s latest flagship smartphone – OnePlus 3T – in India at an event in Delhi. OnePlus 3T is an upgraded version of OnePlus 3 smartphone that was introduced earlier this year.OnePlus 3T has a 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection and powered by 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes in two variants 6GB LPDDR4 RAM along with 64GB storage and 6GB LPDDR4 RAM along with 128GB storage. It runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Oxygen OS top. OnePlus 3T is a dual-SIM (Nano-SIM) smartphone. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the home button.
Not much has changed from the few-month-old OnePlus 3 to the new OnePlus 3T. Both the smartphones carry the same design and display, same dimensions and weight. You will find some important upgrades internally to make OnePlus 3T more powerful performer. The changes come in the form of the new front-facing camera, upgraded CPU, optional 128GB of storage and the larger 3400 mAh battery, a new color option, gunmetal, that’s exclusive to the OnePlus 3T alongside the original soft gold color.
Price and Availability
The OnePlus 3T is priced at Rs. 29,999 for the 64GB variant and Rs. 34,999 for the 128GB storage model. Both variants of the OnePlus 3T will be available exclusively on Amazon India – from 12.01 AM midnight on December 14. OnePlus also said that it will begin manufacturing the OnePlus 3T in India from next month, starting with the 64GB variant.
OnePlus 3T smartphone is certainly the most expensive OnePlus device yet. OnePlus has doubled the resolution of the front camera on the OnePlus 3T to 16MP from 8MP. With the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor under the hood, the CPU and GPU performance has improved by 10% and 5% respectively. It’s DashCharge technology gives you more powerful battery performance.
OnePlus 3T specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Processor: 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM & Storage: 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Oxygen OS
- SIM Slot: Dual nano SIM slots
- Rear Camera: 16-megapixel camera with LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, 1.12-micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, EIS 2.0, PDAF, OIS, 4K video recording at 30 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- Front Camera: 16MP camera with Samsung 3P8SP sensor, 1.0 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 152.7×74.7×7.35mm
- Weight: 158g
- Battery: 3400mAh battery with Dash Charge
- Colors: Gunmetal and Soft Gold
- Other Features: Bottom-facing speaker, dual microphone for noise cancellation