OPPO has announced it’s latest flagship smartphone OPPO R9s along with the OPPO R9s Plus at an event in China. OPPO R9s has a 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It features a 16-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX398 sensor and a 16-megapixel front-facing camera as well. The R9s smartphone sports a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
The OPPO R9s is powered by a 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. It comes with 64GB internal memory which is expandable up to 128GB via a Hybrid SIM slot (can be used for a second SIM or for a microSD card for further storage expansion). The handset runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with ColorOS 3.0 and has the support for the 4G VoLTE. The R9s packs inside a 3010mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge which offers 2 hours of talk time with just 5 minutes for charge.
OPPO R9s specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with ColorOS 3.0
- Rear Camera: 16MP with f/1.7 aperture, 6P lens, EIS, LED Flash, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 16MP camera, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153×74.3×6.58mm
- Weight: 145g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 3010mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge
- Colors: Gold, Rose Gold and Black
Price and Availability:
The OPPO R9s is priced at 2799 yuan (approx. US$ 415 / Rs. 27,700) and will go on sale from October 28th. It is available for pre-order in China. There is no information about the pricing and availability of the OPPO R9s is other markets yet.