Samsung has officially announced it’s latest Galaxy A series (2017) smartphones – Galaxy A7 (2017), Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A3 (2017). The Galaxy A7 (2017) is the top most model of the series. The Galaxy A7 2017 features Samsung’s premium design with a metal frame and 3D glass back. It offers IP68 water and dust resistance, allowing it to withstand the elements, including rain, sweat, sand and dust. It is a dual-SIM smartphone and also features a fingerprint sensor. The phone comes in four color options – Black Sky, Gold Sand, Blue Mist and Peach Cloud.
The Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) has a 5.7-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display. It also features Always on Display so users can quickly glance at the time and calendar without waking up the device, saving time and battery. The phone is powered by a 1.9GHz Octa Core Exynos 7880 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. It comes with 32GB of internal storage, as well as expandable storage with microSD support up to 256GB. The Galaxy A7 (2017) runs on Android 6.0.16 (Marshmallow) and packs a 3,600mAh battery with fast charging technology.
On the camera specifications, the Galaxy A7 (2017) has 16-megapixel rear camera as well as front camera with with accurate autofocus and low light photography. It offers more user friendly selfie experience, touch anywhere on the screen to easily snap a high-resolution selfie with the floating camera button and use the display as a front flash for bright pictures.
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Processor: 1.9GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7880 processor with Mali-T830 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage, expandable upto 256GB via micro SD card
- Operating System: Android 6.0.16 Marshmallow
- SIM: Dual SIM ( nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: 16MP camera with LED flash and autofocus, low-light photography
- Front camera: 16MP camera
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Proxomity sensor, Geomagnetic, RGB Light, Hall, Barometer
- Durability: IP68 water and dust resistance
- Other Features: MST Technology (Samsung Pay), Samsung KNOX, S-Voice
- Dimensions: 156.8 x 77.6 x 7.9mm
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.2, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3,600mAh battery with fast charging
- Colors: Black Sky, Gold Sand, Blue Mist and Peach Cloud
The Galaxy A7 (2017) will be available in Russia in early-January and will be expanded to global markets later.