Samsung has launched the Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) smartphone in India. The Galaxy A9 Pro is company’s latest high-end device in the Galaxy A series. The device with model number SM-A9100 sports the same design as Galaxy A9 (2016). It features a 6-inch 1080p FHD Super AMOLED display and is powered by a Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor clocked at 1.8GHz. The A9 Pro runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with customized TouchWiz UI.
The Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) has 4GB of RAM and comes with 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 256GB via MicroSD card slot. It packs inside a 5,000mAh battery with support for fast charging. The Galaxy A9 pro has dual SIM support with the hybrid SIM slot. It also features a fingerprint sensor embedded into the physical home button the front.
On the camera specifications, Galaxy A9 pro has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, an f/1.9 aperture, and optical image stabilization (OIS) and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera for the selfie shots. The Galaxy A9 Pro comes in Gold, Black and White color variants.
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) is priced at Rs. 32,490 and will be available in retail stores across India starting from September 26.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) specifications
- Display: 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) FHD Super AMOLED display
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage (Available memory: 23.4 GB), expandable memory upto 256GB via micro SD card
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v 4.2, ANT+, NFC
- Rear Camera: 16MP with LED flash, an f/1.9 aperture, and optical image stabilization (OIS)
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/1.9 aperture
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- Dimensions: 161.7 x 80.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 210 gram
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with Fast Charging
- Colors: Gold/Black/White