The South Korean company, Samsung has already sent out media invites for a September 19 event in India. The invite reveals that the company will launch a new Galaxy J series smartphone during this event. While the company has not revealed the name of the smartphone but the “Prime Time” words are enough to indicate that the prime device of this event will be Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. Samsung has recently launched this device in Vietnam.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime comes with a metal body design, fingerprint sensor at the front home button. This smartphone has 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD TFT display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection and powered by 1.6GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7870 processor. This phone has 3GB RAM and 16GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 256GB using microSD card.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime is dual sim smartphone and runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). As far as camera is concerned, it has 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and 8MP front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture. The dimensions of this device are 151.5 x 74.9 x 8.1mm and connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS etc. It has 3300mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD TFT display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Processor: 1.6GHz Octa-Core Exynos 7870 processor
- RAM & Storage: 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- SIM Slot: Dual SIM
- Rear Camera: 13MP with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: Yes
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 74.9 x 8.1mm
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- Battery: 3300mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone comes in Gold and Black color options. J7 Prime is said to carry a tag of INR 18,790 (around $285) in India.