Samsung has officially unveiled the Galaxy On7 2016 edition, the successor to the last year’s Galaxy On7 smartphone in China. The smartphone is now listed on the Samsung’s China website. The Galaxy On7 (2016) sports a 8mm thick metal unibody design, and comes with fingerprint sensor embedded on the home button. The Galaxy On7 (2016) supports hybrid dual-SIM (both Nano SIMs) that lets you use the second slot as a microSD card slot when required.
The Samsung Galaxy On7 2016 features a 5.5-inch (1080×1920 pixels) full-HD TFT display. It is powered by an octa-core 2GHz Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and Adreno 506 GPU. It comes with 32GB of internal storage which is further expandable up to 256GB. The smartphone runs on Android 6.0.1 marshmallow with Samsung’s own UI on top.
On the camera specifications, the On7 2016 comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. The phone packs inside a 3,300mAh battery with fast charging technology. The Galaxy On7 2016 comes in three color options – Gold, Pink and Black.
Samsung Galaxy On7 (2016) specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD TFT display
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via micro SD card
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual-SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPRS/ EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v 4.2, and GPS
- Rear Camera: 13MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75 x 8mm
- Weight: 167g
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with fast charging
The Samsung galaxy On7 2016 is priced at CNY 1,599 (approximately US$ 240/Rs. 16,000 at current exchange rates) and is already available for order China. Apart from the launch of Galaxy On7 2016 edition, the company has also teased the Galaxy On5 (2016) smartphone with an octa-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon 617 processor. However, there is no further specifications, details about pricing, or availability of it yet.