Samsung made a strange move to release an TV ad for the Galaxy S8 three weeks ahead of its official launch. This obviously is much earlier, as advertisements like these are normally released closer to launch, but it is coming. The official announcement is scheduled for March 29, but Samsung is kicking off the Galaxy S8 ad campaign with this 15-second teaser video for its upcoming flagship Galaxy S8.
The video doesn’t really reveal anything about the much-awaited Samsung Galaxy S8. It only confirms the Samsung’s next flagship name. Samsung Galaxy S8 is scheduled to be unveiled on March 29 in the US and UK, and on March 30 in Korea, with the release date expected to be on April 21.
We also reported about a 5 second long leaked video showing the Galaxy S8 design from all side. We have also seen the live images and press images of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8. Also a new set of high-resolution images of Galaxy S8 smartphone surfaced few days back.
Also the support page for the Galaxy S8 went live in some countries which suggest the dual-SIM configuration in the upcoming handset. At some time earlier, a 3D render video also went viral that giving the best look yet of the device.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus expected specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch/5.8-inch (Galaxy S8), 6.2-inch (Galaxy S8 Plus), dual curved Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 8895/Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory & Storage: 4GB/6GB RAM, 64GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- SIM: Single SIM, dual-SIM
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Samsung Pay, USB 3.0 Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Hall Sensor, Proximity, Samsung KNOX, and Samsung Pass
- Durability: IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- Battery: 3,250mAh (Galaxy S8) and 3,750mAh (Galaxy S8 Plus) with Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
Samsung is all set to introduce the Galaxy S8 and S8+ in a event in New York on March 29, 2017 that will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT (9:30 PM IST) on the day. Both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 28. Check out our rumour round-up for more details about the upcoming Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.