Samsung is expected to introduce Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones on March 29 at an event in New York. So before the official announcement, the specs sheet of the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus has surfaced confirming most of the specifications of the phone, thanks to @evleaks. The said specs sheet reveals that the Galaxy S8+ will feature 6.2-inch (full rectangle) or 6.1-inch (with rounded corners) Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display. The phone will come equipped with Iris scanner, Samsung Pay and earphones tuned by AKG.
The specs sheet also confirms some other earlier rumored specifications including 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front-facing camera, IP68 ratings dust and water resistance. The Galaxy S8 Plus will come with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with support of external micorSD card. The phone will also have the support for wireless charging.
Earlier to this the logo of the Galaxy S8+ and model number SM-G955FD, confirming Dual SIM support, surfaced with support page on Samsung site. Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are expected to feature the newly announced Snapdragon 835 processor and to come with a virtual assistant called Hello.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus expected specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch inch (Galaxy S8), 6.2-inch (Galaxy S8 Plus), dual curved Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 8895/Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory & Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- SIM: Single SIM, dual-SIM
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Samsung Pay, USB 3.0 Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Hall Sensor, Proximity, Samsung KNOX, and Samsung Pass
- Durability: IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- Battery: 3,250mAh (Galaxy S8) and 3,750mAh (Galaxy S8 Plus) with Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
Both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones are expected to be unveiled on March 29 at an event in New York and are expected to go on sale from April 21. As far the pricing concerns, the Galaxy S8 is said to cost €799 (approx. US$ 850 / Rs. 56830) and the Galaxy S8+ is said to retail for €899 (approx. US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947).