This is coming but not so silently. As the Samsung is expected to introduce Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus smartphones on March 29th, the leaks and rumors are playing the game. This time Samsung has gone ahead and spilled the beans on the upcoming Galaxy S8 Plus as the support pages for the Galaxy S8 Plus goes live in selected countries — India, Singapore and Kazakhstan. At the time of writing, there is not that much, just the model number – SM-G955FD – but thanks to @evleaks the logo of the Galaxy S8+ is out confirming the name of the smartphone.
The most important thing to note is the Galaxy S8+ model number – SM-G955FD – ‘D’ in the model number confirms that the smartphone will come in a dual SIM variant, at least for the given regions where the support page has gone live. But it’s not clear whether it will feature hybrid dual SIM support like the S7 series or pack dedicated slots like the Galaxy C9 Pro.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are expected to feature the newly announced Snapdragon 835 processor and to come with a virtual assistant called Hello.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus expected specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch inch (Galaxy S8), 6.2-inch (Galaxy S8 Plus), dual curved Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 8895/Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory & Storage: 4GB/6GB, 64GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- SIM: dual-SIM
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Samsung Pay, USB 3.0 Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Hall Sensor, Proximity, Samsung KNOX, and Samsung Pass
- Durability: IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- Battery: 3,250mAh (Galaxy S8) and 3,750mAh (Galaxy S8 Plus) with Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
Both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones are expected to be unveiled on March 29 at an event in New York and are expected to go on sale from April 21.