Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone leaked yet again, this time a alleged press image of the handset surfaced. The leak comes from a reliable leakster Evan Blass (@evleaks on Twitter). The leaked press render shows the front of the device but it is not confirmed whether the device shown in the image is the standard Galaxy S8 or the Galaxy S8+. Samsung recently confirmed that the Galaxy S8 and S8+ are set to be made official later this month on March 29th in New York.
The press image above shows a dual-curved bezel-less screen and an iris scanner on the top, similar to the Galaxy Note7 that would let you unlock the phone using eye recognition. The narrow bezels around the display looks close to the screen-to-body ratio of about 78% on the LG G6. Adding to this, the press image also reveals the volume rocker and power button on the left and right, respectively. On the left side you will also find an extra button below the volume rocker which is said to be the dedicated Bixby AI button. There’s no physical button on the front.
Earlier to this the specs sheet of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus leaked which detailed almost all the specs of the smartphone. Also the support page for the Galaxy S8 went live in some countries which suggest the dual-SIM configuration in the upcoming handset. At some time earlier, a 3D render video also went viral that giving the best look yet of the device.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus expected specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch inch (Galaxy S8), 6.2-inch (Galaxy S8 Plus), dual curved Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 8895/Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory & Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- SIM: Single SIM, dual-SIM
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, Samsung Pay, USB 3.0 Type-C port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Hall Sensor, Proximity, Samsung KNOX, and Samsung Pass
- Durability: IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- Battery: 3,250mAh (Galaxy S8) and 3,750mAh (Galaxy S8 Plus) with Fast Charging, Wireless Charging
Samsung will introduce the Galaxy S8 and S8+ in a event in New York on March 29, 2017 that will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT (9:30 PM IST) on the day. Both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 21.