After unveiling the W2016 high-end flip phone last year, Samsung is back again with another Android-powered flip phone. Samsung has finally announced the W2017 (SM-W2017) premium flip phone – the successor to the W2016 flip phone. Like the W2016, the new W2017 also packs some high-end features inside. Samsung W2017 flip phone has dual display – 4.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED touchscreen external as well as internal display. The W2017 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 CPU coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage expandable via microSD.
The Samsung W2017 has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 aperture with 4K video recording support and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and packs a 2,300 mAh battery in its metal body. The phone has the Hybrid dual-SIM functionality with support for 4G LTE. The W2017 flip phone has a fingerprint sensor on the back along with a heart rate sensor, an Always On Display, and fast wireless charging support. The phone also features a T9 keypad, d-pad, and Android navigation keys.
Samsung W2017 specifications
- Display: 4.2-inch 1080p Super AMOLED touchscreen external and internal display
- Processor: 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage (expandable up to 256GB via microSD)
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Rear Camera: 12MP camera with f/1.9 aperture, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP camera
- SIM: Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor. Heart rate sensor
- Dimensions: 127.8 x 61.4 x 15.8 mm
- Weight: 208g
- Battery: 2,300 mAh with fast charging, wireless charging
- Colors: Black, Gold
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung W2017 will soon be released in China. The company has not announced the pricing and availability details yet. Samsung W2017 flip phones comes with high-end premium specifications, so it’s expected to be quite expensive. If we go by the W2016 from last year, which retailed for CNY 9,999 ($1,476 or €1,330 or Rs. 98,500), the W2017 will go for around whopping CNY 20,000 (approx. $3,000 or €2,500), that’s a huge amount!!