As ASUS announced earlier that company will launch first Snapdragon 821-powered smartphone- Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe. So now it goes on sale in the company’s home country of Taiwan and priced at 24,990 Taiwanese dollars which are about $800.
This smartphone includes 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display and powered by 64-bit Qualcomm® Quad-Core ProcessorSnapdragon™ 821 @2.4Ghz. It packs 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM and a generous 256GB UFS 2.0 memory. It runs Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Zen UI 3.0. As for as camera is concerned, it has 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS and Laser AF. While front facing camera is 8MP with f/2.0 aperture 85-degree wide-viewing angle.
Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe comes with 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and BoostMaster Fast Charging. It also has Hybrid dual SIM slot. And dimensions of this smartphone are 156.4 x 77.4 x 4.2 ~ 7.5 mm while weight is 170g. Connectivity features include 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and USB 3.0 Type-C.
To refresh, Snapdragon 821 processor is 10% faster than Snapdragon 820. It has higher clock speed for the CPU and GPU.
Still if you don’t want to spend that much on a Snapdragon 821 phone, there is a Snapdragon 820 version which has 4GB of RAM and 32GB ROM that sells for 15,990 Taiwanese Dollars (approx $510) and another 4GB + 64GB that sells for 17,990 Taiwanese Dollars (approx $575). All other features remain the same.
Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe (ZS570KL) specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass4 protection
- Processor: 64-bit Qualcomm® Quad-Core ProcessorSnapdragon™ 821 @2.4Ghz
- RAM & Storage: 6GB RAM, 256GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Zen UI 3.0
- Rear Camera: 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, Laser AF
- Front Camera: 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture 85-degree wide-viewing angle
- SIM Slot: Hybrid dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 156.4 x 77.4 x 4.2 ~ 7.5 mm
- Weight: 170g
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- Audio: Dual Five-magnet speakers, NXP smart amplifier, Hi-Res Audio (HRA)
- Battery: 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and BoostMaster Fast Charging
Pricing and Availability
Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe (with Snapdragon 821) costs 24,990 Taiwanese dollars (approx $800) and will be available in Glacier Silver and Shimmer Gold with the former shipping first by September 12 and the gold by September 23.