Sony has announced the Xperia X Compact smartphone at IFA 2016 in Berlin. It is a compact version of Xperia X flagship with the same Snapdragon 650 chipset, waterproofing and powerful hardware inside a small shell. Sony puts the same new looped design on Xperia X Compact it chose for the Xperia XZ flagship, which was also announced at the event.
The Xperia X Compact has a 4.6-inch HD screen and loop surface design which make it extra comfortable to hold and is ideal for an operation with just one hand. The phone is powered by an hexa-core Snapdragon 650 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The Xperia X Compact features the same 23-megapixel main camera with Triple Image Sensing technology. It also has a a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Sony Xperia X Compact specifications
- Display: 4.6-inch 720p HD Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 650, 64-bit Hexa-Core processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- SIM: Single nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C, Google Cast, Wi-Fi Miracast
- Rear Camera: 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid Auto Focus, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording, Triple image sensing technology, 5x Clear Image Zoom
- Front Camera: 5MP with 1/3.06″ Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 129 x 65 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 135 grams
- Color: Mist Blue, Universe Black, White
- Battery: 2700 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology, Quick Charge
Pricing and Availability
Sony Xperia X Compact will launch globally from September 2016, most probably next week. There is no words on pricing from Sony yet.