Sony has announced company’s latest flagship smartphone Xperia XZ at the IFA 2016 in Berlin. Sony Xperia XZ is a successor to the Xperia X flagship and focuses on design, performance, camera, and battery life. With Xperia XZ, Sony introduces a new signature design and a new signature color to represent the series – Forest Blue.
The Xperia XZ is made from high purity ALKALEIDO metal (a fancy word for a rounded aluminum piece), adding depth, shine and brightness to the finish. With it’s new signature uncluttered design Xperia XZ’s soft, rounded form is comfortable to hold, very nice to touch and smudge resistant. It also comes with water resistance technology with IP65/IP68 ratings.
The main focused feature of Xperia XZ is it’s 23-megapixel rear camera with Predictive Hybrid Autofocus with Triple Image Sensing – color detection, phase detection, and laser-assist to measure distance correctly and track intelligently moving objects for a perfect focus and blur free shot. It comes with a dedicated camera shutter button.
Sony Xperia XZ specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch 1080p Full HD Triluminos Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, 64-bit Quad-core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- Memory: 3GB RAM, 32GB (single SIM) / 64GB (Dual SIM) internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- SIM: Single SIM, Dual SIM (nano SIM)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C, Google Cast, Wi-Fi Miracast
- Durability: Water Resistant with IP65/IP68 certifications
- Rear Camera: 23MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive Hybrid Auto Focus, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording, Triple image sensing technology, 5x Clear Image Zoom
- Front Camera: 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- Other Features: DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Sensor: Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 161 grams
- Color: Forest Blue, Mineral Black, Platinum
- Battery: 2900 mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology and STAMINA mode, Quick Charge
Pricing and Availability
The Sony Xperia XZ will be available globally from early October 2016 in single and dual SIM variants. Sony didn’t disclose the pricing details at the event.