The annual Mobile World Congress is hosted by GSMA – a pan-European organization. As a part of every year’s MWC, GSMA also hold annual Global Mobile Awards or GloMo awards to the best tech companies in various categories. At MWC 2017 in Barcelona, the awards are announced in 40 categories. As we have already reported that the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge wins the award for “Best Smartphone of 2016”. And now we have come to know that the award for Best New Smartphone or Connected Mobile Device at MWC 2017 goes to Sony Xperia XZ Premium.
Sony Mobile has introduced the Xperia XZ Premium at MWC 2017 along with Xperia XZs, Xperia XA1 and Xperia XA1 Ultra. Sony Xperia XZ Premium is world’s first smartphone with Snapdragon 835 SoC and a 5.5-inch 4K HDR display. It also comes with the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology. It features the same Motion Eye camera from Xperia XZs. Sony says about it’s Motion Eye camera that it captures movement the human eye can’t normally see, with astonishing precision and detail. The Motion Eye camera has a memory stacked sensor and records 960 frames per second, for Super slow motion video. The phone has a luminous chromium body and looks dazzling.
Some Other awards include:
- Best Mobile Network Solution for Serving Customers: Vodafone Group for Vodafone Smart Pricing
- Best Mobile Innovation for Emerging Markets: Reliance Jio Infocomm and Samsung Networks for Jio Digital Movement India
- The Green Mobile Award: Ericsson and Telenor Myanmar for Pure Solar Myanmar
- Best Overall Mobile App (Judge’s Choice): Niantic Inc. for Pokémon Go
- Disruptive Device Innovation Award: Amazon for Amazon Echo
- Best Wearable Mobile Technology: Orange for Orange VR1
- Best Mobile Infrastructure: Huawei for Active Antenna Unit (AAU) Network System
- Best IoT Innovation for Mobile Networks: Nokia for Nokia end-to-end IoT Solution
For the full list of awards follow the source link below. Commenting on Glomo Awards 2017, Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA said,
Our congratulations to all of the winners and nominees of the GSMA’s Glomo Awards at Mobile World Congress this week. The Glomo Awards truly showcase those companies and individuals that are driving innovation in the rapidly evolving mobile industry. We thank all of our entrants, judges, sponsors and partners for supporting the 2017 Glomo Awards.