Samsung’s Tizen-based budget smartphone – Samsung Z2 – is now available for purchase in India. The phone was launched last week and is now listed on online retailer Paytm for sale. The phone will be exclusively available on PayTM and is priced at INR 4,590.
The purchase of Samsung Z2 comes with a deal to get the Reliance Jio 4G preview offer which includes 90 days unlimited data, voice and SMS. This offer is only valid for a limited time.
Samsung Z2 is the company’s third Tizen-powered smartphone after the Z1 and Z3. Company has done several new enhancements in Tizen OS 2.4 including Ultra data saving mode which has been ported from its Android counterpart, then there’s My Money app which lets you transfer money.
Samsung Z2 runs Tizen OS v2.4 and connectivity options includes 4G VoLTE, GPS, Wi-Fi etc. It is a dual sim phone and also has inbuilt FM radio. WhatsApp, Facebook and some other useful apps are pre-installed in this phone.
Samsung Z2 Specifications
- Display: 4.0 inches WVGA Display (480 x 800 pixels, 233 ppi)
- Processor: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7, Spreadtrum SC9830A Processor
- OS: Tizen OS v2.4
- RAM & Storage: 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage expandable via microSD card slot
- Rear Camera: 5 MP primary camera with LED flash
- Front Camera: VGA front facing camera
- SIM: dual-SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Dual SIM, GPS, Wi-Fi, FM Radio
- Battery: 1500 mAh Li-Ion Battery